[mythtv-users] everyday i have to make sure myth worked the day before

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Apr 3 13:27:06 UTC 2011

On 11-04-03 08:57 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Please make sure you add the script you're using to
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:MythTV_System_Event_Scripts so
> others can try it (and improve it).

There is no script because there is no (failed to record) Event (the
last time I looked, anyway) to trigger it.

> Note that it's only recorded /iff/ it does not appear again in the
> current listings.  So, if you start the master backend host while the
> show is in progress /and/ the show appears as a re-run in current
> listings, MythTV will not record the partial showing, but will wait for
> the future (complete) showing.

Ahhh.  Very nice.  Once again the scheduler is smarter than I give it
credit for.  That only works though if it's in the next two weeks worth
of listings.  I still think it would be useful to (perhaps optionally)
not add a partial recording to the recorded table, or add it and mark it
as "should re-record" or something so that if it does get partially
recorded and is shown again 4 weeks later it gets re-recorded and
replaces the existing partial recording.

> Which you can do by selecting the recording, MENU, Recording
> Options|Allow this episode to re-record (or something to that effect...

Sure, as long as I continue to check things daily and take these
remedial actions.  I'm not sure why all of that can't be automatic though.

> Then, if it re-airs, it will
> re-record, regardless of the fact that you have a partial recording in
> current recordings.

So it's almost there.  Just needs that requirement for manual
intervention taken out.

Cheers,
b.