[mythtv-users] multi-seat linux & mythtv

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Apr 2 16:44:47 UTC 2011

On 4/2/2011 12:22, Guillaume Membré wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 10:30, Richard Morton<richard.e.morton at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> So this is my plan/desire...
>> Using a single graphics card (either the currently installed one or if
>> required; upgrade it to a new one)...
> I never managed to get multiseat working with the nvidia only where as
> dual display works fine with this card.
> So I looked for a cheap pci card and managed to get the multiseat working.

That is a really bad solution.  If you run anything except standard
definition video on a standard definition display, you will run into PCI
bus saturation issues.  While this may not be a huge concern on a
dedicated frontend, the OP is intending to do this on a combined
backend, which will likely cause contention with tuner cards.

> I had to setup a few things :
> - First I told the bios to boot on the pci card

That only matters as to what display is used for the bootup and local
terminal.  Once you get to X, X can do whatever it wants.