[mythtv-users] PVR-250 remote control: compatible with PCTV-800i interface

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Apr 1 18:54:34 UTC 2011

On Mar 29, 2011, at 4:58 PM, Mark Lord wrote:

> On 11-03-29 04:55 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>
>> Just fyi, the mceusb and streamzap receivers (as well as a few others)
>> have in-kernel raw IR decode support, and can be used entirely without
>> lirc -- they use the same rc-core subsystem as the i2c-based receivers
>> on Hauppauge (and other) hardware.
>
> That's useful, thanks.
> A buddy of mine sells IR remotes for use with Apple computers,
> and he recently sent me an MCE receiver to try out.
>
> I haven't poked at it much yet, but one test I'd like to do
> is to map my PVR250 remote control on to it.
>
> Have you got a config file or other starting point for that?

The hauppauge keytable can be used to replace the standard mceusb one,
using ir-keytable.

> Oh, and what happens when you press and hold a button on one of those
> remote/receiver combos?  Does it suddenly go into 30 buttons/sec repeat mode
> like the Hauppauge normally does (before my patches) ?

Not sure. The default for all rc-core devices when a button is held down is
a 500ms timeout before repeats kick in, then a repeat every 33ms, but some
hardware ends up reporting up/down/up/down and some hardware overrides these
values. So, maybe? I'd have to experiment. Its tunable too though (also using
ir-keytable).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com