[mythtv-users] "Watch Recordings" slow - disable thumbnail/preview generation, or big SQL queries?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Apr 1 18:31:22 UTC 2011

On 4/1/2011 14:10, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
> Is there a way to disable thumbnail generation for recorded shows? My
> combined backend/frontend has a lot of shows (currently 3094 entries
> in the recorded table and 19162 in oldrecorded), so entering the Watch
> Recordings screen takes 5-10 seconds, and I want to see if the
> thumbnails are the reason (either if they are regenerated every time
> or just the file access).

No.  Thumbnails are only generated upon recording creation, transcoding,
cutlist editing, or bookmark placement.  The reason it takes so long is
because the backend protocol command QUERY_RECORDINGS does not support
paging.  The backend has to process all 3094 programs, and send the data
to the frontend.