[mythtv-users] everyday i have to make sure myth worked the day before

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Apr 1 16:40:33 UTC 2011

On 11-04-01 11:15 AM, Ryan Patterson wrote:

> Two pieces of advice:
> 1) Fix whatever is broken with your mythtv configuration (there
> definitely is something not right there) and there will be no more
> missed recordings.

Not so, as I just replied to Mark.  This is a backend deadlocking
problem, not a configuration problem.

I won't rule out that it's hardware doing something unexpected, but the
backend should not lock up in such a case.

> 2) Allow the wife to watch TV on her own schedule while you continue
> to enjoy MythTV.

Hrm.  I dunno how you watch TV in your house -- everyone in a separate
room perhaps?  In our house, we watch TV (well the shows that we are
mutually interested in) together as a family.  That makes it difficult
for her to sit down at 8pm on Monday to watch House only to have me come
along on Wednesday at 8:34 and say "wanna watch House?".  (a) she is
already watching "live" whatever started at 8pm and (b) it's a rerun for
her at that time.

b.