[mythtv-users] Multiple frontends on the same machine

Bryan Lovquist blovquist at clarity.com
Fri Apr 1 02:22:26 UTC 2011

Hello

If you were to run multiple frontends on the same physical machine, same user where the machine has multiple graphics cards and control is via "network control". It is as simple as starting the two frontends with different values for the "DISPLAY" environment variable? Ideally of course, I would like both frontends to share the same configuration (other than the port that they are listening on for control input).

Or, must I configure the system as a multi-seat system and start up the frontends under different users?

Thanks
Bryan Lovquist