[mythtv-users] very slow lock on to channels

Matthew Rowles rowlesmr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 23:48:44 UTC 2010

Hi all

I'm having issues with very slow (~15-30 sec) lock on to channels (if
at all). If channel change doesn't lock on, it will fail with either
"error opening jump program file buffer" or "Video frame buffering
failed too many times". Channel change on my commercial set-top box
(supplied by the same aerial cable) has no issues. The signal is given
as (normally) ~60% with a S/N of (normally) ~2.1 dB. I am using the
transmitted EIT data. I'm in Melbourne, Australia.

What logs/settings... can I look at/change to start debugging this?

I have a new Mythbuntu 10.04/MythTV 0.23 install running as a combined
front/backend. It's an AMD Athlon II x2 250 on an Asus M4A87TD-USB3
motherboard with 2Gb RAM. I'm running two Winfast DTV2000DS DVB-T
capture cards with a Winfast 8400GS 512Mb video card. I have the OS
installed on a Kingston 64Gb SSD and 2x WD 1Tb 7200 RPM discs for
storage.

Ta muchly

Matthew