[mythtv-users] HELP! In antenna hell!

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 20:31:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Atlanta Geek <atlantageek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Get the antenna mounted outside. Seriously I gave up trying to do it
> any other way.

I don't really care about an outdoor antenna "looking bad" but I just
don't want to deal with the pain and expense of having to ground it.

> A quick test is to connect the antenna to a USB hdtv connector and
> check signal strength.
> Or you can take it close to a window and see if that helps.

I can try that now since my tuner is a HDHomrun and I can monitor the
signal from any computer (like my netbook).

> I ended up calling a antenna wholeseller and they suggested an
> installer.  He guarnteed his work. climed the ladder and mounted both
> my uhf and vhf antennas to my chimney right beside each other.

I don't have a chimney (ventless gas log fireplace) but I can get a
gable/eve mount...

Richard