[mythtv-users] Boost audio over HDMI

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 05:01:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 September 2010 11:58, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:
>> For some reasons recorded TV shows seem a bit quiet.  Since the audio travels over HDMI, is there a way to boost the audio level using asound.conf ??
>
> Note if you want digital passthrough..
>
> Make sure you haven't enabled software volume control.
>
> And turn the knob on your amplifier / TV :)

If you are not using pass-thru, make sure your mixer levels are all at
100%..  alsamixer, etc..  I have both component and hdmi, and use hdmi
for the sole purpose that the component from my directv boxes produces
rollercoaster audio levels.  hdmi seems "level" as far as that goes,
so I use it even if it means no more surfing livetv from the dish
receiver...