[mythtv-users] MTD going away

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:47:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Is this a fully automated process?  I rip DVD's that I rent and then leave
>> them as ISO's until I want to watch them.  If you can convert to a fraction
>> of the size, keep the quality, and make it fully automated, I'd be
>> interested to do that too!
>
> Arrrr!  That be piracy.  You may want to consider NOT broadcasting such
> things on public mailing lists.

could be kind of a gray area depending on where you live.  if you rent
more DVDs than you can watch before you have to return them, rip them
and watch them later, delete the rips after you've watched them,
you're just time shifting.  :)  not exactly legal, but not exactly
illegal either, depending on your local...