[mythtv-users] Using MythTV and PPV

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Sep 29 17:14:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Mitch Cummins
<mitch at paradise-computers.com> wrote:
> We’re looking at using MythTV to provide video services to a small hotel.
> One of the things that the hotel is wanting is Pay-Per-View services. Has
> anyone used MythTV to run a PPV system?

If you want to do some coding and are looking for something to start
with as a base, then mythTV would be a good choice.

If you are looking for something turnkey, or something that just needs
a few tweaks, I'm afraid you'd be out of luck and would probably be
better off with a commercial solution.

That's just my opinion.

Eric