[mythtv-users] Help needed with MythTV/Comcast Digital/HD Homerun Dual Tuner

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Sep 29 01:21:37 UTC 2010

On 09/28/2010 10:29 AM, bhaskins wrote:

> I would suggest that you run hdhomerun-config-gui with vlc to first find
> which channels
> that you can get.
> Watch out for those that say "no data" and the music only channels.
> It's interesting to me that I can receive some of the same channels on
> more than one multiplex.

Canadian cablecos almost always have the SD version and HD version of
the same channel on a different multiplex/physical channel...so the
"premium content" can be separated/charged for.
US cablecos might do the same thing, to separate the SD (analog) version
pushed on a 'basic' package, from the HD (must carry) version in the
clear, part of a digital package.

Geoff

              R. Geoffrey Newbury