[mythtv-users] White noise sound on recordings till rewind on trunk?

Mark Hutchinson markhsa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 21:52:29 UTC 2010

I have just installed on Ubuntu 10.04 from PPA:
MythTV Version   : 26557
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.23.20100917-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2

Now when I play recordings, they start with loud white noise.  This will go
away though if I rewind the recording a bit or pause, unpause, pause,
unpause it.

What could be the cause of this?  I have not seen any reports of this, so I
figured it must be some config error?
I was running .23 fine until I upgraded to this yesterday.
Audio has always worked fine before via Nvidia 220 and HDMI.

Thoughts?