[mythtv-users] Wake on lan for front end?

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Tue Sep 28 21:35:07 UTC 2010

What you describe is how I have my system set up.

I put the FE into S-3 at the end of every use.  Then when I want to
watch something again, it takes only seconds to restart.  I cycle thru
S-3 to active and back for weeks at a time with little to no problems.

I do have periodic problems; maybe once every month or two, where I have
to shut the FE down completely and then reboot.  My suspicion is that
it's a power glitch or similar issue.  I've never been able to find a
software cause for it.  And it takes only three or four minutes to power
down completely and reboot, so it's no big deal.

There are alot of folks who are doing similar things with the MiniMyth
FE package.  Check out www.minimyth.org.

Good luck!  Try MiniMyth -- you're going to like it.

Joe Henley