[mythtv-users] Whole "watch recordings" section empty but recording rules still in place and working

OLO m3mys3lf4ndi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:33:54 UTC 2010

Hi All,
got mythbuntu FE/BE combined on a single machine, all was perfectly working
fine till about 3 weeks ago.
For no apparent reason all recordings went missing one morning.
I found at first that it might be "length mismatch" problem with bookmarks (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/442344) so upgraded to
autobuilds 0.23.1 but no luck.
Then found out that it might be corrupted database and follow these steps (
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1043&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)
- basically -  myisamchk *.MYI  <-- showed NO warnings

Checking MyISAM file: recordedseek.MYI
Data records:  734046   Deleted blocks:       0         <-- thats the
highest number of data records (but probably its ok)
- check file-size
- check record delete-chain
- check key delete-chain
- check index reference
- check data record references index: 1

Checking MyISAM file: recorded.MYI
Data records:     203   Deleted blocks:      52
- check file-size
- check record delete-chain
- check key delete-chain
- check index reference
- check data record references index: 1
- check data record references index: 2
- check data record references index: 3
- check data record references index: 4
- check data record references index: 5
- check data record references index: 6
- check data record references index: 7
- check data record references index: 8
- check record links

---------

Checking MyISAM file: recordedprogram.MYI
Data records:     197   Deleted blocks:       0
- check file-size
- check record delete-chain
- check key delete-chain
- check index reference
- check data record references index: 1
- check data record references index: 2
- check data record references index: 3
- check data record references index: 4
- check data record references index: 5
- check data record references index: 6
- check data record references index: 7
- check record links

Couldnt log in to mysql so managed to set root password and now it lets me
in only as root, -umyhttv doesnt seems to work, which i would thought might
be a problem but checked all mysql.txt and all seems to have same settings
(passwords) and the frontend does show some of DB (like upcoming recordings
etc.) Live TV also works fine. All recordings are physically on my hdd as
thats the only way to watch them now.

Any more ideas what it might be?

Regards

Alex