[mythtv-users] Perpetual recording with MythTV?

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 13:17:53 UTC 2010

>Going back to my original question you've explained technically what
>you're trying to do, but can you give the actual case study of what
>you're trying to do, people may then be able to offer alternate
>solutions.

The solution is required by a media analysis company. They'd like an open
source solution to record a month of two month's worth of tv feed (between
1-4 simultaneous feeds need to be recorded). Recording must be 24x7 with
data older than the set 30 or 60 days being automatically discarded. Quality
of recording isn't very important. The personnel manning the terminal will
have time slices
of interest to them - segments where for e.g. a commercial ran or a segment
that needs to be analyzed by them for some other reason. This segment needs
to be pulled out from the system, transcoded with the time stamp as to when
it ran and then this clip will be mailed across to whomsoever needs it.

That's the basic run down of what's required.

Thanks again :)

Regards,
Jeetu
http://ebrain.in
- An open source initiative to pool in over a mesh network and use
software on any laptop,handset or other device around you.
*Developer code now released*