[mythtv-users] Fresh mythbuntu install, database backup, now its a slave backend?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Sep 28 04:48:27 UTC 2010

  On 9/28/2010 00:32, Steve wrote:
> 1. Since I did a fresh install, I assumed I had backups of my db.
> Well, the backups I have are a few months old. I know, I know, i
> should have checked. Anyhow, I still have the mysql folder backed up
> as well. So is there a way to simply use those data files?

If you have the exact binaries that were used to create the database,
yes.  If you have ones made of the same minor version and architecture,
probably.  Beyond that, its a crap shoot.  Even if it loads, you will
likely have some data corruption or another.  The only reliable method
of database transfer and recover is through a text dump.