[mythtv-users] DISH requiring manual input, was: OT: Google - big brother? or I going mad?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Sep 27 20:19:37 UTC 2010

On Monday, September 27, 2010 02:10:29 pm Raymond Wagner wrote:
>   On 9/27/2010 15:57, Brian Wood wrote:
> > Just ask Hermann Goering, the master of that sort of thing:
> Way to go Godwin... well I guess that means this thread is finally
> over... :)

That was the idea.

But I am seeing more and more "press select" messages on my DISH receiver, which of course screws up automated recordings.

I'm guessing this is to try and determine if the screen is actually being watched or not, which in most cases with me it
is not.

I spoke with a DISH employee, who told me I would not have that problem if I just used the official DISH DVR, at a cost, of
course, not only monetary but the loss of all the great Myth features.