[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging NFL Games

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Sep 27 16:37:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 09:29 -0400, Robert Shields wrote:
>  fast forward manually when I know a kickoff is coming

That is what I end up doing. But most of the excitement is gone from the
kickoff these days. Between having two minutes of ads on each side of a
single play (as already noted in this thread), and more and more kickers
who can kick it out of the end zone every time, and the new rule against
wedge blocking on returns, there just isn't a lot of excitement in
watching the kickoff any more. So I often just skip it, and if something
rare like that guy who ran back two for touchdowns in the same game
should happen, I can rewind to see it.

--Greg