[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging NFL Games

Robert Shields rwshields at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 13:29:47 UTC 2010

I have been recording NFL games and watching them after being commercial
flagged (it makes the game go about 3x faster).

I have found that during the commercial flagging process MythTV always flags
the kickoffs as commercials since the network only shows the one play and
immediately goes back to commercial.  I realize that I could go through
manually and fix every kickoff so it isn't flagged, but that solution has
two problems:

   1. It would be time consuming
   2. More importantly, in doing so I would know the score of the game
   before I saw the whole thing...kind of ruins the experience.

I also know I could simply watch the game w/o commercial flagging or fast
forward manually when I know a kickoff is coming, but I thought before I did
either of these two I would ask to community if they had come across this
issue before.  If so, how did you solve it?

Thanks,
Rob Shields
Email: rwshields at gmail.com
CWRU Computer Science PhD Student