[mythtv-users] UK Radio Times listings service

pankaj patel pvs.patel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 07:32:34 UTC 2010

Hello,

    As all UK Radio times listing users are aware, the service has not been
very reliable of late.
I understand that this has been due to change in the listings provider that
Radio Times uses.
My particular issue with the new Radio Times listings service is that it
does not have any
episode titles for some programs (mainly childrens programs and programs
from minor channels).
This means that some recorded programs at the moment have blank episode
titles
which is a nuisance.

    As a result, I have been looking at alternatives to Radio Times. The one
that I am considering
is DigiGuide (from www.DigiGuide.com <http://www.digiguide.com/>). This is a
paid for listing service and unfortunately Windows
only. I have managed to get the trial version of DigiGuide to run on my
backend using wine. I have
also been able to output the listings in XML format from DigiGuide using
XMLTV GUI grabber
(from www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv). The listings from DigiGuide resolves my
issue with with the
missing episode titles. My question is - Does anyone else use DigiGuide for
this purpose ?
If so, what is your experience of their service. I would also like to hear
any alternative
solutions to this problem.

Thanks and best regards,

Best regards,