[mythtv-users] how to avoid concurrent multirecs of the same program on hd and sd channels?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Sep 27 06:03:57 UTC 2010

  On 9/27/2010 01:51, Evuraan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've a hdhomerun with multiple virtual tuners on 0.23;
>
> if the same program is on two channels (hd&  sd) how can i make it
> record just one and not two at the same time?
>
> here's a bit more detail:
>
> <snip>  // from mythweb listings page //
> 16_1 (KONG-HD) 	Sounders FC Weekly 	Pete Carroll Show 	Murder on Her Mind
> 16_2 (KONG-SD) 	Sounders FC Weekly  Pete Carroll Show  	Murder on Her Mind
> </snip>
>
> the above ends up in concurrent multirecs of the same program on both
> those channels. See screen-shot : http://3.ly/uwAH
>
> as you probably inferred from the screen-shot, i dont need both items
> to be recorded - ideally i would want to record from 16_1
>
> How can this be achieved (other than me constanly evaluating Upcoming
> Recordings) ?

MythTV will only record one instance of a show unless you force it
otherwise.  In order to determine whether two shows are the same, it
first goes off the programid.  If both shows have a programid defined,
that's all it uses.  If the programids for those two shows are
different, there's not a whole lot you can do.

If either does not have a programid defined, it drops to your defined
duplicate check method, which defaults to subtitle and description.  If
the descriptions are slightly off, you may want to change that to
subtitle only.