[mythtv-users] backend forgets to record

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Sep 27 02:29:25 UTC 2010

I've seen it now for a few weeks.  My backend (r26407) will just not
record things that are in the schedule.  It's not like it tries and
fails, it just doesn't even try, all the while the schedule says there
are things to record and simply restarting the backend resolve it.  It
even starts recording things it should have been in the progress of
recording when I restart it.

Interestingly, and my gut tells me not unrelated, by backend fails to
consider itself idle when it should be considered idle.  Mythshutdown -s
returns 0 and yet it won't kick into that "i'm idle, i will shutdown"
process.  I tend to think that is going off into la la land and
forgetting to shutdown is related to it's going off into la la land and
just forgetting to record.

And all the while this is happening, the backend is otherwise
functioning.  It's providing services to frontends and it's doing stuff
like:

2010-09-26 21:40:11.623 MainServer::ANN Monitor
2010-09-26 21:40:11.624 adding: pvr as a client (events: 2)
2010-09-26 21:40:13.268 ProgramInfo(): Updated pathname '':'' -> '1032_201009241

Any thoughts?

b.