[mythtv-users] IR Blaster recommendation that will work on ubuntu 10.10

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Sep 26 14:48:15 UTC 2010

On Saturday, September 25, 2010 09:12:06 am Oz Dror wrote:
> The following C-code fails in ubuntu 10.10, but not in 10.04
>
> This proves that It is a driver issue with the new kernel or less
> likely a libc issue.
>
> #define _GNU_SOURCE
> #include <fcntl.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int main (int argc, char **argv)
> {
>    int fd;
>
>    fd = open("/dev/ttyUSB0", O_RDWR);
>    printf("fd has value %i\n", fd);
> }

"This is a beta release. Do not install it on production machines. The final stable version will be released on October 10,
2010."

Has this problem been reported? I don't see it under "known issues", though there seems to be a udev update that might be
relevant, though it's reported as related to 3G cards. Since 3G cards are USB devices that might appear as serial devices
(using PPP), it might be pertinent, but I don't know enough about it to be sure.

Thanks for nailing down the issue, looks like I will not have to toss my MyBlaster :-)