[mythtv-users] Xbox Xebian images for MythTV 0.23

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 23:47:52 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

>  On 9/25/2010 19:39, Nick Rout wrote:
>

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:
>
>>  On 9/25/2010 02:46, Phill Edwards wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any Xebian/MythTV images anywhere that support MythTV 0.23?
>>> I used to have it for 0.21 but haven't upgraded the Xbox since then.
>>> Now I need to run a MythTV frontend on an old Xbox again.
>>>

>>  Both MythTV and XBMC have dropped any custom support they once had for
>> the original Xbox.  It's simply too slow and with too little memory to have
>> any worth as a modern media player.
>

> Is that another way of saying mythtv and xbmc have become too bloated for
> the xbox? LOL.
>

> It's more like saying you can hardly run Linux on 64MB of RAM, much less
> Xorg and a program loading all sorts of high resolution artwork.

My post was meant to be a little tongue in cheek, but yes you make good
points, the whole linux system has outgrown the xbox hasn't it.

I often make the same point when people post and say "I thought I'd try
mythtv out on some old hardware I had lying in the shed. It has a s3 video
card and 128M RAM and my video jumps. What have I done wrong?"