[mythtv-users] Eject Keybinding and aspect ratios

Ray Parrish rparrish at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 19:30:09 UTC 2010

I have two minor issues at play here.

First: When I ran 0.21, I mapped the global "Eject Optical Media"
function to a key, then configured LIRC to send that key with a remote
press. When I run 0.23-fixes (mythbuntu), pressing the mapped key does
not automatically eject media. It also generates no messages in
mythfrontend.log. Was this feature removed?

Second: I use an HD-PVR to record from my cableco's Motorola STB. I
set it to output HD channels at 720p and SD channels at 480p.
Recordings from the SD channels appear to have their aspect ratio set
to 16:9 rather than 4:3. I can correct it from the menu once it begins
playing, but I would like to be able to have the ratio set correctly
from the start. My frontend has just enough power to playback HD-PVR
recordings that I did not want to try implementing deinterlacing
methods, though I suspect that if I set the STB to output SD channels
at 480i, the ratio will be correct.

Is there another way to force aspect ratios besides the global setting
forcing _everything_ to one setting? I saw a format setting in the
channel editor, but that did not look like it would accomplish my
task.

-Ray