[mythtv-users] New errors since moving to trunk

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 13:32:25 UTC 2010

Thanks for that.

I have 2 directories in my default recordings storage group. One is internal
(/var/lib/mythtv/recordings) and one on an external (FAT32) NAS mounted over
CIFS. As there is much more free space on the NAS, myth always chooses this
location first; only if the NAS isn't contactable do programmes get stored
onto the internal drive.

Everything on the NAS mount appears as owner by root:root with permissions
0777, but nothing has changed in this area and new recordings are still
being made and play back absolutely fine; it's just the preview thumbnails
that aren't being created since I moved to 0.24.

George