[mythtv-users] Encoder disappears

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 10:04:06 UTC 2010

Hello everyone!

I set up a new mythtv install with mythbuntu 10.04, imported the old
database, deleted all tuner-inputs in the setup and added my two
TV-cards fresh.

I have one analog Tv-card (Hauppauge PVR 350) as Encoder 1 and a
digital DVB-T card (Avermedia Aver-TV something) as Encoder 2 and 3.
They both get recognised and installed at boottime without a problem
(according to dmesg).

Initially everything worked fine but now I seem to lose Encoder 1
fairly often. If I look at my backend through mythweb only Encoder 2
and 3 show up and the schedule has rearranged itself around that. If I
then start the myth backend setup and close it again without touching
anything Encoder 1 comes back and stays. Although once I lost it in
the middle of the day, it was there after booting and gone when it was
supposed to record something.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot this, where should I look, what can I do?
Could this be a sign of a dying PVR-350?