[mythtv-users] What is mythXML?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 06:37:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

This may be more of a question for the dev list but I will start here.

I would like to write some software for my Android phone to get (and set)
data within the mythbackend.  I would ideally like to be able to do this
without having to install additional scripts on my backend so I can perhaps
have the one client easy be able to interface with any other backend (I
manage three separate myth installs atm).  If I do have to write additional
code, my hope would be to get it accepted into myths repository if possible.

I was thinking web services or similar and stumbled across mythXML.  Is the
purpose of mythXML to support interfacing to mythtv? It seems the bindings
use it from what I have discovered.

Are there any other solutions out there that I have overlooked but will
allow remote interaction with my mythbackend?   I know there are Android
applications around but they want software to be installed on the server
side too.

Cheers,
Whytey