[mythtv-users] Import Recorder howto

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Sep 21 22:42:24 UTC 2010

Gert van der Knokke wrote:

> I was hoping I could connect this to an external recorder like gnutv
> (which can handle my firedtv+ca-module+smartcard whereas Mythbackend
> only handles the unencrypted channels)

That will be tricky, but yes it should be possible.

You need something external (like a script) to either
monitor the backend logs for a recording startup message,
or to be invoked by the new Myth "System Events",
to invoke gnutv and generate the recording file.

> If I select this Import Recorder I have no input field for a
> script/programname, did I mis something ?

Only recent trunk has that facility (-r25554 and later),
and it is a static recording file, not a script.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|An atheist is a person|
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | with no invisible    |