[mythtv-users] I'm obviously missing some detail about scheduling & priorities...

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Sep 21 20:52:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:37:40PM -0700, Douglas Peale wrote:
> >> I added this to the Backend start command on the Backend Control page of the General entry of Backend Setup. Is that the correct
> >> place?
> >
> > I doubt it.  I'm guessing that's mythweb-speak for the backend startup
> > command, which is something for the backend to run, not how the
> > backend itself is run.  To run the backend with "-v schedule" you will
> > either need to run it manually or possible change it's init script.
>
> The only times I used MythWeb, I explicitly said I used MythWeb This
> setting was done in Backend Setup (I even said so). But again this
> is moot as I understand what I was doing wrong and will fix it.

Ah, OK.  Although most of the settings are backend related, that
program is called mythtv-setup.  Anyway, since that command string is
only used by mythtv-setup in some situations, it is not the place to
edit the backend command line options.  The help for that setting
should probably be changed to make that very clear.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net