[mythtv-users] I'm obviously missing some detail about scheduling & priorities...

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 04:28:22 UTC 2010

short version: does naming channels on different sources the same (channel number & call sign) cause the scheduler to think they
are all the same, ignoring different channel & input proprieties?

I have 5 physical tuners with 3 multi-recs each.
I have 3 on cable, one on an antenna facing northwest, and one on an antenna facing south.
A particular show is scheduled, and it is available on two different NBC stations. each one station is available on 4 tuners
(north antenna and cable), the other is available on one.

each station has the same channel number and call sign for all of its sources.
I have lowered the priority of the OTA stations due to occasional reception issues.
There was a recording before and after this recording on different channels, but this show was rescheduled to a later time, a
week away, why?
The cable channels should have gotten a priority of zero, but the schedule said the recording priority was that of the OTA channels.
Even with the low priority, with 5 tuners there could have been no conflict for three shows.

I gave the all northwest NBC channel sources the same name to prevent redundant listings in the mythweb listings. Do I need to
undo this and suffer 2 copies of the listing for the north NBC station (and many others)?