[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Mon Sep 20 23:32:34 UTC 2010

> (b) once you get a decent card and a motherboard to fit it, you possibly
> won't have any analogue out options, you'll have VGA, HDMI or DVI out.
> Composite or component or s-video is stil available on some cards, but they
> are disappearing rapidly.

And this is where we left off, my looking around for such a card, preferably with component output.

>A new 8400 or 9500 can be got on PCI and should be fine for you.

>There are a lot of posts on this topic now suggesting to me there is not a lot of searching of the
>list (using gossamer threads) or suppliers going on.  Much of what is being asked has been
>recently answered, for example read up on jessica's recent experiences and list help.

My response to this part would be; and?
As the thread shows, I've read a lot of stuff, had seen links being sent to me, was sent new ones I had not been able to find, and found it easier to accept the wonderful help being provided by folks on this list. Why would I not take advantage of that? It's not like I wasn't trying while getting help. I think people have become jaded by folks who come on, ask questions, never give back. The spirit of lists and forums is all about helping each other so who cares if someone ask questions because they weren't able to put it together on their own. Would you rather a bunch of elitist users helping each other or a vibrant community of users all across the globe.