[mythtv-users] 0.24 Feature Freeze and Release Timeline

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Sep 20 02:05:02 UTC 2010

> This is an update to the MythTV v0.24 release timeline we sent out
> a couple weeks ago.
>
> * On Mon Sep 06, 2010 at 08:50:18AM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>> Here's a peek at the timeline we are currently working
>> towards.  The release date is the planned date, but it may
>> be pushed back if there are outstanding blocker bugs or other
>> major issues encountered after the release candidates are
>> created.
>>
>> September:
>>   Sun 5th       - Soft Feature Freeze (any features after this
>>                   must be approved by steering committee)
>>   Sat-Sun 11-12 - Bug Squashing Party (BSP)
>>   Sun 12th      - Full Feature Freeze
>>   Wed 15th      - String Freeze (for translations)
>>   Mon 20th      - 1st Release Candidate
>>   Mon 27th      - 2nd Release Candidate
>>
>>   * After 2nd RC only translations and major bugfixes to go in.
>>
>> October:
>>   Fri 1st - Release and cut fixes branch
>
> We have decided to cut a set of Beta packages on the 20th instead
> of cutting RC1.  There are several outstanding tickets that we want
> to get resolved for 0.24 and we think that it is best to delay the
> Release Candidates slightly to make sure we have time to get these
> resolved.  We still want to get some wider exposure and testing
> though.  So, on the 20th, we will be releasing a set of Beta tarballs.
> There will probably not be a formal announcement on the website
> concerning these, but I will reply to this thread when the tarballs
> are available for those who want to give what will be MythTV v0.24
> a spin.  We don't expect the delay to be too long, so if you are
> interested in the RC versions, but not the Beta tarball, please keep
> an eye on the www.mythtv.org website which will be updated when RC1
> is released.

According to Changeset 25803, LATM support was removed - the release notes
for 0.24 at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.24 confirm this.

Is this still the case or have I missed a commit in the last 4 weeks? I
ask (yet again) as that chops at least  one country (NZ) out of the loop
altogether since we can't test much broadcast TV with no audio!!

--
Robin Gilks