[mythtv-users] Getting started questions

Ken Cheney kencheney at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 21:51:49 UTC 2010

Thanks for the responses so far everyone!

Kevin you are right about it not being cheap.  However I am starting to think
that there is a way to stop paying for TV service all together.  That will be
step 2  of my plans to eliminate the DVR payment to Verizon and the need for
another STB. :D

I think based on this response I am going to scale back my initial thought of
recording 2 and watching 1.  In that case I could just get one PVR and save
$200.  I think what I have read and my thoughts have been confirmed - most of
the tv cards for computers will not record HD and that the HD PVR is the only
option right now if I want to record HD shows.  True?

The hard wiring of the Myth FEs will be a snap since the two HD tvs I have will
be very easy to wire, the other tv is a standard def TV and may work well over
wireless.

Kevin do you have one of the
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html in your config?