[mythtv-users] Duplicate Channel Numbers

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 18 18:43:18 UTC 2010

  On 09/18/2010 10:07 AM, Gerald Brandt wrote:
> From: "Douglas Peale"
>> On 09/17/2010 10:15 PM, Gerald Brandt wrote:
>>> My provider (Shaw) changed its line-ups awhile back. My Myth system
>>> started recording the wrong channels, indicating my listings were
>>> wrong.
>>>
>>> So I did a 'mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates --refresh-all'.
>>>
>>> Now, I have duplicate channel numbers. For example:
>>>
>>> 225 (AMCHD) Sudden Impact
>>> 225 (RSNONEH) Prime Time Sports
>>>
>>> The prime Time Sports is correct. Is there a way I can fix this?
>> use any of the three channel editors to edit the channel number of the
>> incorrect channel
>> ('e' when viewing the channel, back end setup, or mythweb)
> There's no automated way?  It was a large lineup change.

Believe it or not, when the change is large--and there is lots of
incorrect information left in the database that can't be reconciled with
the information provided/without a scan--the easiest way to correct it
all is to do the video sources portion of
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .

Mike