[mythtv-users] Lots of mythpreviewgen processes left running on MBE

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 15:26:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>wrote:

> >> Anyone have any thoughts? There is nothing exciting in the backend
> >> log, other than that it launched the external process. I do see a
> >> couple of these:
> >>
> >> 2010-09-16 20:01:01.564 MainServer, Error: PREVIEW_SUCCESS but no
> >> receivers.
> >>
> >> But not as many as there are processes still running.
> >>

> > Of course not.  That is only logged if the process has actually finished.
>
> Again, did not know that, but why is it an 'Error'?

Beats me.  I think this may be in there as part of a debugging effort, and
may be removed soon enough, but I'm not sure.  I know that the preview stuff
is slightly spewy in the frontend logs too recently, so I expect someone
added that to track down an issue.  But it doesn't seem to be related to the
issue you're seeing :)

> > To debug this any further, you will need to have a debug build, not
> release.
>
> Recompiled with debug enabled, now just need to wait and see if any of
> these processes show up again.

No problem.  I haven't seen them pop up here, so I can't reproduce the
issue.  If it does reoccur, we can at least find out where those processes
are sticking, and work from there.