[mythtv-users] SSDs and Myth frontends ?

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 14:41:14 UTC 2010

In article <201009161822.15829.beww at beww.org>, Brian Wood wrote:
> But I have read a few things about the net about SSDs causing long
> pauses, but of course these were Windows users

Windows likes doing lots and lots and lots of writes. OK, so it also
does lots and lots of reads, but it's the writes that slower (cheaper)
MLC SSDs don't like.

Linux is really happy on SSD as long as you use the noatime mount
option that you obviously know about already. I boot all my mythtv
front ends off HD but used to have a geexbox machine and it booted in
about 30 seconds from a very cheap CF card.

Ian