[mythtv-users] SSDs and Myth frontends ?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Sep 17 13:22:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> This is why I am leery of using an SSD for Myth, I don't need something that often stalls the system for long periods.

I have 32GB SSDs in my backend and one frontend and have never
experienced such a problem.  The other thing that feels a lot faster
within myth are any operations that hit mysql pretty hard (searching
for new recordings to schedule and stuff).  I couldn't recommend it
more.

On the other hand, not all SSDs are created equal.  I certainly had to
pay more than $0 for mine.

Eric