[mythtv-users] Recording of 0.00 GB in size

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 04:05:10 UTC 2010

Ok so I'm resending my last post because the mailing list ate it, saying it
was to large.  Anyways I checked the mythbackend.log and found it littered
with entries that looked like the following:

2010-09-16 08:00:34.157 AudioInALSA(hw:2,0) Error: weird return from
snd_pcm_readi: Input/output error
2010-09-16 08:00:34.157 NVR(/dev/video0) Error: Short read, 40 of 3072 bytes
from ALSA:hw:2,0
strange error flushing buffer ...
select timeout

I can only find them while the system has failed to correctly record a show
so I'm sure this has something to do with it but don't know what to make of
it or how to fix it.  I had tried to post more of the log during the
recording of one of the shows in case I over looked something, but that is
what set me over the mailing list limit, if anyone wants to look through it
let me know and I'll find some kind of file host/server to upload it to (to
large for pastebin every try fails and causes the browser to lock up).