[mythtv-users] mythtranscode, h.264 and 5.1 audio

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Fri Sep 17 02:31:59 UTC 2010

greg at nodecam.com wrote:
> I have a problem that started manifesting recently with transcoding HD
> H.264/5.1 sourced recordings.  The sound plays back with an extremely low
> pitch, and the show is no longer watchable.
>
> Sounds like the same problem as described at:
>
> Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?
>
> I'll post some samples somewhere when I get a chance tonight.

Here is a sample:

Before (80MB)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1762934/2332_20100916194100.mpg

After (63 MB)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1762934/2332_20100916194100.nuv

Transcoded with the following settings:

MPEG-4
Bitrate: 3500
Maximum Quality 2
Minimum Quality 15
Max Quality difference between frames: 3
Scale bitrate for frame size (checked)

Audio:
Codec: MP3
Sampling rate 32000
MP3 Quality 8
Volume 100%

Myth version is:
MythTV Version   : 25073
MythTV Branch    :
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100429-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
  linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb
using_frontend using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg