[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 19:56:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:48 PM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
> So, brand new install, what is the best way of dealing with this?
> I have read everything everyone has offered but am nervous about doing any one thing which will break the system.
> I have also run nvidia-xconfig and am rebooting the system since I don't know how to restart x.

Assuming you are using gdm as your desktop manager (and if you are
using mythdora, I believe that is correct), you can restart X by doing
"killall gdm-binary".  You may need to be root to do this or use sudo.
 There could be other ways to do it as well (and I know there are ways
to do it if you are in front of the computer), but this is how I
usually do it as I ssh in the box a lot and use this to force restart
myth from my remote.