[mythtv-users] Recording of 0.00 GB in size

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 02:29:06 UTC 2010

Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com
> <mailto:vendion at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Phill Edwards wrote:
>     >> From the information page the tuner status shows that it is
>     >> recording but the video that it is recording has a size of 0.00 GB
>     >> according to mythfrontend.  This is hard for me to track down
>     >> because it
>     >> does not happen for every recording only some of them.  Anyone
>     >> have any
>     >> clues or pointers as to where to look to see what is happening to my
>     >> recordings?
>     >
>     > A similar thing happened to me. In my case I had 2 tuners and the
>     > aerial had become disconnected from one of them. So some programmes
>     > recorded OK, but if there were two recordings at the same time the 2nd
>     > one ended up 0GB.
>     >
>     > Regards,
>     > Phill
>
>     I only have the one tuner right now I know it is working because it
>     would say it is recording one show (which the resulting file will be
>     0GB) then turn around and record another show on the same channel and
>     this one will actually be recorded so I don't know if this is a
>     backend/transcoding issue.  If it helps I have no user jobs set up on
>     the backend and as for the video/audio codec I am using the default for
>     MythTv 0.23-fixes.
>

> Are you changing channels on an external device?  Is it possible there
> are intermittent channel change issues?  It might help to describe your
> setup a little more.
>
> -Jerry

When you say "external device" are you talking about a cable or
satellite box?  If so I am not I have the TV tuner connected to an
analog cable connection.  Unless it is the backend changing the channels
there should be no channel changing going on (other than the obvious
channel change to get the the station airing the show), I have made it a
point to exit out of the frontend before any recordings start to remove
the possibility that it is something I am doing to cause this.  What
kind of information are you needing about my setup?  As I said I have
the one tuner installed, I am running the frontend and backend on the
same system (but trying to not have the frontend open while a recording
is in progres to reduce the chances of me causing the issue).  The
system has a 2.8 AMD Athlon 64 dual core processer with 4 GB of RAM so
it should be powerful enough to do what I am asking.  Storage wise I
have MythTv setup to save everything onto a 2 TB hard drive so unless a
30 minute - 1 hour SD TV show is larger than 2 TB storage should not be
a problem.  Any other information that may be of use here?