[mythtv-users] Recording of 0.00 GB in size

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 02:01:46 UTC 2010

Phill Edwards wrote:
>> From the information page the tuner status shows that it is
>> recording but the video that it is recording has a size of 0.00 GB
>> according to mythfrontend.  This is hard for me to track down
>> because it
>> does not happen for every recording only some of them.  Anyone
>> have any
>> clues or pointers as to where to look to see what is happening to my
>> recordings?
>
> A similar thing happened to me. In my case I had 2 tuners and the
> aerial had become disconnected from one of them. So some programmes
> recorded OK, but if there were two recordings at the same time the 2nd
> one ended up 0GB.
>
> Regards,
> Phill

I only have the one tuner right now I know it is working because it
would say it is recording one show (which the resulting file will be
0GB) then turn around and record another show on the same channel and
this one will actually be recorded so I don't know if this is a
backend/transcoding issue.  If it helps I have no user jobs set up on
the backend and as for the video/audio codec I am using the default for
MythTv 0.23-fixes.