[mythtv-users] AT&T UVerse thoughts?

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Wed Sep 15 22:39:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, they show up often.  The funniest argument I heard so far was,
> "It's fiber-optics!"  As though that in and of itself was worth
> anything at all... and given the fact that it's Fiber to the
> neighborhood, and DSL the rest of the way.

In my case, they flat out lied to us. We currently have fiber to the
home from Surewest, a local provider. The AT&T reps came to our door
and said that Surewest had been leasing the fiber from AT&T and that
AT&T was going to take over the fiber and we were going to lose our
Surewest service. However, I clearly remember WinFirst doing all the
work to install the fiber (we were one of the first houses in the
neighborhood to sign up for WinFirst service) and all of WinFirst's
assets were bought by Surewest. Just to make sure I called Surewest
and was assured that yes, they own the fiber, and no, they're not
going anywhere, and that there was absolutely no truth in any of the
AT&T rep's allegations.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,