[mythtv-users] Advice on file systems for external drives

malcolm malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 20:08:57 UTC 2010

On 15/09/10 19:33, Paul wrote:
> or have any recomendation as to partition file systems for it's
> replacement.
for me its not about the filesystem but more about the backup.
My recordings are on 2x1TB storage groups running ext4. Its not raid but
when one drive fails I only loose half the recordings.
Things I want to keep are off loaded to the video storage on a raid6 NAS
(ext3) with anything else thats digitally important.
I've have an external HDDs (USB Maxtor 1TB, ext3) but find that its only
useful for moving data off site or temporary backup when rebuilding a
system.
eSATA disks are better (faster) but if you don't need the portability
the same money will buy you 2 SATA and which you can easily raid on most
modern platforms.