[mythtv-users] AT&T UVerse thoughts?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 19:44:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:42 PM, blake <dsblakewatson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I you study their plan carefully, cutting through all of the short-term
>> discount hype you may
>> find, like I did that they are really very! expensive for what you get.
>> Also, read the part about early termination fees.
>>
> Good advice for any provider. There's no hype involved here. Just haven't
> been crazy about DirecTV and Time-Warner cable was bad enough to drive me to
> DirecTV so....

uVerse's problem has always been egregiously poor picture quality
because of bandwidth starvation, and limited numbers of boxes per
household for precisely that reason.  They market themselves as an
alternative to both cable and FIOS, but in reality they are far from
it.  If neither of the above bother you, go for it.

Also, Microsoft STBs of questionable stability.

Robert