[mythtv-users] FIXED: Can't reexport SMB share over NFS...what am I doing wrong?

Scott Alfter scott at alfter.us
Wed Sep 15 19:12:04 UTC 2010

On 14 Sep 10 13:34, Scott Alfter wrote:
> On 13 Sep 10 18:23, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Scott Alfter <scott at alfter.us> wrote:
>>> I'm now going through my collection with tsMuxeR, converting files from
>>> Matroska to MPEG-2 transport streams (most of my files contain H.264
>>> video and AC3 audio).  These files, once seektables are created for them,
>>> play without a hitch.  The only downside is that I had backed up most of
>>> the Matroska files to a stack of BD-Rs a while back, but I guess I can
>>> redo this conversion from the backup in the future if necessary.
>>
>> I think mythtranscode can build seektables.  Check the command-line
>> options.
>
> Just tried that out, first on an .m4v file, then on an .mkv file that tsMuxeR
> didn't like...tested it at work over VNC, so I can't see or hear it, but
> mythfrontend didn't complain about prebuffering pauses and the backend appears
> to be sending chunks to the frontend more frequently (about every 5 seconds vs.
> every 20 seconds).  I'll double-check when I get home to make sure the file
> plays properly; if it does, it looks like I won't have to convert all of my
> files after all.  w00t!

Followup: looks like it's all rather hit-or-miss.  Some files play properly;
others (including one my fiancee and I wanted to watch last night...grr) throw
up prebuffering pauses.  Running mythbackend with "-v database" (or even with
"-v all") doesn't show any queries on the filemarkup table during playback for
the files I've tried with it so far, which is puzzling...don't know if that
particular type of activity isn't logged due to omission or if something else
is going on.  One of the files that was troublesome when muxed as Matroska
plays flawlessly when muxed as a transport stream.  It's looking more like I'll
need to continue remuxing my collection after all.

Scott Alfter
scott at alfter.us