[mythtv-users] Bindings not upgrading

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 18:19:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 13:48, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>> Thanks Mike. I'll post the output of configure when I get home, but I
>> had checked it and I didn't see it complaining about anything, and in
>> the summary it says "Yes" for both Python and Perl bindings. I will
>> check it again, though.
>
> If that's the case, then the problem for the Perl bindings is you have 2
> copies of the bindings installed.  One old copy in the place it always used
> to install (the place where Perl said is the right place) and the other in
> the place you specified with --prefix (which may not be the right place,
> according to Perl--and, if nothing else, doesn't seem to be the first place
> checked by Perl on your setup).

This is what I was thinking might be the problem. What should I search
for (filename?) to look for duplicates? (I really should know this, or
know how to figure it out, but my Perl is so rusty it's
embarrassing.... I'm thinking .pm something? MythTV.pm maybe?)

Come to think of it, I did have an issue recently, for which I had an
e-mail written up (and then I figured out the problem), where I had a
bunch of "--prefix" sub-directories in my tree. It seems like somehow
I ran "./configure --prefix" (or something similar) at some point and
that mucked some things up. I wonder if this bindings issue could be
another symptom of that.

Hm... what are the chances that:
   $ rm -rf bindings
   $ svn update