[mythtv-users] Bindings not upgrading

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Sep 15 18:16:28 UTC 2010

  On 9/15/2010 13:40, aaron wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 13:36, Michael T. Dean<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>  wrote:
>>   On 09/15/2010 07:41 AM, aaron wrote:
>>> I've been using trunk for years and years and usually don't have any
>>> problems, but at some point I started having issues with the bindings.
>> Read the output of configure.  It's telling you you're missing one or more
>> pre-requisite Perl and Python modules, so it disables the install of the
>> bindings.  Install the pre-requisites and it will install the bindings.
>>
> Thanks Mike. I'll post the output of configure when I get home, but I
> had checked it and I didn't see it complaining about anything, and in
> the summary it says "Yes" for both Python and Perl bindings. I will
> check it again, though.

It seems at some point, you have changed from a '--prefix=/usr' to
'--prefix=/usr/local'.  You never uninstalled the old bindings, and
/usr/lib/... shows up in the search path prior to the current location.
For the python bindings, you can go to the mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python
in your checkout, and run 'python setup.py uninstall --prefix=/usr' to
clear out the old install.